It can be very infuriating as well as depressing when we try to gain access to our phone, but we cant remember the password. And if we are to make use of factory reset, all our data would erase. Besides, some of these data of ours are invaluable.
Luckily there is a way out, though most require a PC and an application package. But the process of unlocking your phone is very easy. Below are several ways you can unlock your locked screen
1. dr.fone Android Unlock
This is one of the best applications to make use of. It works smoothly on various android devices.
Apart from removing patterns, PIN, fingerprint locks, and passwords, it also helps you retain the data on your phone.
You do not need technical knowledge before you can start using this application.
- Download and install the dr.fone software onto your computer. Then connect your android device to the computer. Launch the tool. Then click on Unlock.
- Once your device is recognized, click on Start.
Follow these instructions
- Power off your phone,
- Hold the power button, volume down button, and the home button simultaneously.
- Press the volume up to enter the download mode
Afterward, click on the start.
- The loading process will test the compatibility of your phone.
- Wait for the process to complete and you will see that your device is unlocked.
2. File manager of Aroma
- There is a link attached to the bottom of this article. Click on it and a page with several file managers will appear. Click on the one with 1.4mb size. Download the aroma file manager application on your computer. This application will unlock your phone easily.
- Go to the Downloads folder, then copy the downloaded file.
- Get a memory card then insert it into your computer system. It should be a memory card that you can plug into your device too, because you will be doing that later. Afterward, go to the list of devices on your computer, and then click on the memory card.
- Paste the downloaded file in the memory card.
- Once the pasted file appears in the memory card, remove it from your computer, and then insert it in your phone.
- Turn on your phones recovery mode. Every phone has a distinct way of going to the mode of recovery. You can Google search how it’s done on your type of phone.
- Once your phone enters the mode of recovery, you will make use of the volume buttons for navigation, until you get to apply update from external storage. Now choose the zip file that you copied earlier. It will appear on your phone.
Reboot your device where the recovery mode will come up. Choose Automount all devices on start by going to the settings, also reboot again. The file manager of Aroma will appear. Delete all the files on the directory with ff. and then reboot.
Once your phone is on, type anything on your phone and it will be unlocked.
3. iMyFone LockWiper (only suitable for Samsung users)
iMyFone LockWiper (Android) allows you to remove Google lock for Samsung phones. Also, if youre using a Samsung phone you can remove your screen lock without data loss. But on another type of phone, you will lose your data.
- Download and install the iMyFone LockWiper on your computer. Open it, and then click on Remove Screen Lock.
- Click on Remove without Data Loss
- Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable. If your Android device isn’t recognized, you will have click on the links at the bottom of the page.
- LockWiper application will detect your device info automatically. Go through the device info presented to you. If it’s correct, then you will need to make sure your internet connection is stable. Afterward, click on Start to Unlock.
- The application will begin to download a data package and install it into your Android device. Also, it will start to remove the screen lock.
- Wait for a couple of minutes and the screen lock removal process will end. Now you can use your phone.
- Google recovery for Android 4.4 KitKat and below
Android devices below 5.0 are not suitable for protecting your personal data, especially the important ones. It’s more preferable if you regularly transfer your data to a computer.
The only advantage of older OS is the ease in unlocking your Android device without losing your data.
- Enter an incorrect pattern lock for 5 times. Afterward, the Incorrect pattern pop up will appear. Click on next.
- A box will appear. Tap on Enter Google account details.
- Input your email address and password then tap on Sign in.
4. Fastboot and Minimal ADB
If you do not have an internet connection, but the USB debugging mode on your device has been turned on before your phone got locked, then this application can help you unlock your android device without losing data.
- Click on the link attached at the end of this article. The download page of Fastboot and Minimal ADB will appear. The most advanced version of this tool usually appears at the bottom. Thats the one you should download.
- Install the application and then launch it.
- Connect your android device to the computer. Afterward, scroll to the folder of Minimal ADB and Fastboot. Open it.
- Press the shift key and then right-click on it. A pop up will appear. Scroll down till you get to open command window here, click on it.
- ADB terminal will appear. Write ADB devices so as to ensure whether your phone is recognized.
update system set value=0 where
update system set value=0 where
- Type in those commands. They are going to unlock your locked screen.
There you have it. Five simple methods you can use to unlock your android device. Most of the application packages are free, while some have premium packages you can switch to for a fee, but you really don’t need it except you’re a lover of additional features.
These methods work for all Android versions except for the fourth method.