Photos are symbolic to we humans. It is a way of safekeeping our experiences and refreshing the memory. And sometimes it’s much more than that. It might be something we will need to present as proof to get us out of a very unfavorable situation. The importance of pictures can’t be overlooked.
So, when we mistakenly delete a picture or probably regret deleting it after several days. It can make us emotionally depressed. As a famous saying goes thus, “my people perish from lack of knowledge.” Well, for you to avoid that emotional distress, that’s why this article was written. You will learn three different methods you can use to recover your photos. They’re effortless and straightforward methods.
Though two of the methods require you to permitting third-party apps to your phone data base. But that’s necessary if you want to restore those pictures.
1. Using Google Photos
This app usually comes with every android phone. Even if you delete it, you can still re-enable it from the Google play store.
Your deleted pictures are stored in the trash for 30 days. Afterward, you won’t be able to access them.
• Open the Google Photos app on your android device.
• Tap on “not now” if it prompts you to update the app.
• Tap on the three horizontal lines at the upper left corner of the page.
• Tap on “Trash”
• At the top right angle of the page, you will see “Restore.” Tap on it.
• Now select all the pictures you want to restore.
• After you’re through with the selection tap on “Restore” which is at the lower-left corner. Bingo you’re done.
2. Using DiskDigger to recover your photos
Formerly, this app was available only on PC, but now the times are different. You can make use of it on your Android device. Besides, unlike other apps, your android device doesn’t need to be rooted before you can use DiskDigger. Though it is more likely to recover more of your photos as well as files if your device is rooted.
Moreover, it doesn’t only retrieve your deleted photos. It retrieves all the images you have viewed while browsing, even if you didn’t download them. It also recovers photos from document files on your phone.
There are two versions of this app — the free and pro version.
The free version of this app recovers only photos. Though if your device is rooted, you will be able to recover videos as well.
The Pro version recovers several types of files besides videos and photos. Also, it permits the uploading of recovered files over FTP.
Similar to the free version, your device needs to be rooted before you can recover other types of files. Moreover, it is more efficient in wiping and deleting unwanted files to free up space.
• Download the app from the Google play store. You can also use the attached link at the end of this article to browse the app.
• Two options will display. The basic scan and full scan. The full scan is available only for rooted devices. Unrooted devices will have to use the basic scan. Since we are only trying to recover photos, so your phone doesn’t need to be rooted. Tap on “Start basic photo scan.”
• DiskDigger will require access to your media, photos, and files. Tap on “allow.”
• The app will start scanning for pictures on your phone or those you just viewed online without downloading them. Check the bottom of the page, and you will see the scan running. When the scan is over, you will be alerted.
• If you want to make the scanning process more specified. Go down to the bottom of the page and tap on “settings.” Also, at the top of the page, there is a settings icon. Tap on it.
• Now you can choose the specific thumbnail, minimum file size (in bytes), minimum, and maximum file date. When you’re done, tap on “OK.”
• Choose where you will like the file to save to. The listed are the following places you can save it to –
1. Any app on your phone. Such as email, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
2. Any location on your device you will like it to save to.
3. Upload the files to an FTP server (you have to be on the Pro version to use this method).
• If you pick the first method. The apps that are supported by DiskDigger will appear. Pick any and your pictures will be saved there.
• If you select the second method, the folders on your device will appear. Pick any one of your choices.
• The image has now successfully been recovered.
3. Using FindMyPhoto to recover your files
YIXING TECH COMPANY offers this app. It’s relatively new. But still one of the best app that is easy to navigate through, and has an excellent interface. The only drawback is that this app doesn’t recover pictures that have been deleted for long. Only newly deleted photos are recovered on this app.
• Download the app from the Google play store. Use the link attached at the end of this method.
• Open the app. A page will appear telling you how the app works. Tap on the “Let’s Start” button.
• Choose the language of your choice.
• A page will appear with two options to choose from. “Quick Scan” and “Deep Scan.”
Check the bottom of the page. Then tap on the settings icon. It is the first icon to your right.
• Now choose where you will like the picture to save to. When you’re done, tap on the back icon at the upper left corner of the page. Now tap on Deep Scan.
• The app will require access to your media, photo, and files. Tap on “Allow.”
• Wait for the app until it finishes scanning. Now tap on “Show Pictures.”
• Your deleted photos and those still on your phone will both appear. Start scrolling until you come across the photo you want to restore.
• Tap on the picture you want to restore. Once the image is enlarged, tap on the “Restore” button at the upper right corner of the page. Then tap on view.
• Now your picture has been saved.
Out of three different methods, you can choose any that suits you the most and most importantly you can restore that picture you want or deleted by mistake.