In this article, I will be looking at the possibility of using the Bose speaker without the Subwoofer. I decided to write about this because I have seen many people ask this question in different forums, so I decided to do a little bit of research on the topic, and this article will review the outcome of my research. So, can you use the Bose speaker without the Acoustimass module or not? Find out the answer as you continue reading.
In a Hurry? Check out my top 3 picks:
|Product Name||Why I choose this product|
|Bose Acoustimass 10 Series IV Home Entertainment Speaker System (Black)||If you want quality, and the money is available, then this system is a worthy investment.|
|Acoustic Audio PSW-10 400 Watt 10-Inch Down Firing Powered Subwoofer||A better alternative to the discontinued BOSE(R) Acoustimass 15 Series II.|
|Bose Bass Module 700 – Black- Wireless, Compact Subwoofer||The best on this list, once you hear the sound, you won’t care about the cost. It’s simply amazing.|
So Can I use Bose speaker without the Acoustimass module?
The answer is No!
It is not possible to use the Bose speaker without the Acoustimass module. This is because there is no bass speaker in the cubes, and it is the Acoustimass that produces the Bass.
Check this out – Can a Subwoofer be Placed Behind a TV?
If you can run your wiring from the Bose speaker to the receiver, you can run the same wiring from the speaker to the Acoustimass module and then run wires from the Acoustimass module. Then, place the Acoustimass module close to the receiver, and with this arrangement, wiring is no problem. The point is, the Speaker is useless and, in fact, worthless without the Acoustimass module.
Top 5 Best Acoustimass for Bose Subwoofers
1. The Bose Acoustimass Series 10 series IV home entertainment speaker
The Bose Acoustimass Series 10 series IV home entertainment speaker: gives you a 5.1 channel sound to both your movies and sounds. You can connect it to your home speakers to enjoy quality sound from your Bose speaker. This system includes the center channel speaker, the Direct and Reflecting Cube speakers, and the Acoustimass bass module.
This Acoustimass is designed to fill the room with sound even with its not too bulky speakers. You can hide this system anywhere in your room behind the couch, curtain, etc., and you will still enjoy the incredible sound that comes from the tiny speaker array.
The two downward-firing drivers of the Acoustimass modules ensure you enjoy the most remarkable performance, even for the lowest notes and effect. The module is equipped to reduce audible distortion, and the horizontal speaker complements your flat-panel TVs and adds to the room aesthetics.
● Automatic circuit protection that protects the drivers from overdriven and also offers higher reliability and at the same time minimizing interference with the listening experience.
● The Acoustimass speaker technology enables powerful low-frequency effects. You can place the system anywhere in the room, and all the sound will still appear as it is coming from the cube speakers.
● The Horizontal center-channel speaker array is specially designed to complement the flat panel TV screen, which adds to the beauty of your interior decoration and enhances overall aesthetics.
● It has a powerful Acoustimass module that adds more effects to music and movie.
● The Downward-firing drivers and proprietary technology is engineered to deliver the lowest audible notes and effects.
● With the direct reflecting cube speaker array, you get a mixture of reflected and direct sound to recreate much of a live concert’s natural freshness.
2. BOSE(R) Acoustimass 15 Series II Home Entertainment Speaker System – Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
● The Bose Acoustimass 15 Series II black speakers are engineered to give you a big home theatre performance in a sleek, compact package. It comes with the following features:
● Automatic circuit protection provides increased reliability without interfering with your listening experience.
● It comes with dual-cube speaker arrays and a Bose-powered Acoustimass module which can be upgraded from 5.1 channels to 6.1 channels.
● It comes with a multi-channel bass extraction and summation that reproduced deep, impacting low notes for both the front and surround channels.
3. Bose Acoustimass 700 Wireless Bass Module
● Simple setup: You just need to plug it into a power socket, and you are good to go in enjoying your entertainment;
● Easy Connectivity: It can easily connect to Sound Touch 700 Sound Bar wirelessly for easy placement.
● Great Design: With its iconic designs and brilliant-looking, tempered glass, you are assured of excellent sound quality. The Acoustimass 700 should be placed on the floor against the same wall as the TV and the soundbar. It is not proper to place the module on a shelf or a table.
● Unique Port technology: This subwoofer delivers a dynamic range of bass from a powerful driver and port with QuietPort technology to reduce distortion.
4. Bose Acoustimass 6 Home Entertainment Speaker System
The Acoustimass 6 Series III home entertainment system produces high-performance sound for both your music and movie entertainment. This Acoustimass comes with the lifelike sound to both your stereo and home theatre components. Manufactured with innovative Bose technologies, this Acoustimass gives you the capability to hear new details and nuances. The system comes with built-in virtual cube speakers, which deliver vivid ad lifelike music and movie performance. Although the Acoustimass is just 3 inches square, it produces sound with the clarity of a live performance.
● Compatible with all types of sound receivers or separate power amplifiers rated from 10 to 100 watts per channel.
● Compatible with all surround sound receivers or separate power amplifiers rated from 10 o 100 watts per channel.
● It has five magnetically shielded cube speakers, each with a 2.5 directional high-performance, full-range driver to cover all five surround channels.
● It comes with a complete set of color-coded pull-apart bundled cable and mistake-proof connectors for a straightforward and seamless installation.
● Each of the five cube speakers is wide enough and can be mounted anywhere, including walls.
5. The Acoustimass 5 Series V stereo speaker is designed to deliver spacious stereo audio, and it is the best choice when looking for an Acoustimass for large rooms. The Acoustimass module is responsible for producing deep low notes, and its sleek design makes it possible to be hidden out of sight behind the curtain or a curtain. You have the option of pairing the speakers with the receiver of your choice, and you will experience a consistent quality audio performance. The two small series II speaker has been remodeled to give the Acoustimass a slimmer look. The device comes with cables and connectors that are marked for easy connection and setup. The Acoustimass 5 series is compatible with receivers and amplifiers with ratings ranging from 4 to 6 ohms.
Troubleshooting Common Problems with Bose Speakers
Problem 1: Speaker Not turning on when Using Battery:
Applicable Bose Speakers: Soundlink Colour Bluetooth Speaker II, Soundlink Revolve Bluetooth Speaker, Soundlink Revolve+ Bluetooth Speaker, and Soundlink Micro Bluetooth Speaker.
Troubleshooting Task: Connect the speaker with its charging cable to a USB charger. You need to do this for the following reasons:
● The battery may not be charged enough to power up the speaker.
● The speaker may have been disconnected from the power source for over 14 days. When you do this, the speaker goes to the battery protection mode. Brand new speakers are usually in this mode when you buy them.
● The speaker may not have been unplugged and unused for more than 72 hours, and the remaining charges may be less than 10%. When this happens, the speaker goes into battery protection mode.
● Make sure Bluetooth is turned ON, on your device.
Problem 2: Bluetooth Device will not reconnect to the Speaker:
Applicable Speakers: Soundlink Revolve Bluetooth Speaker & SoundLink Revolve+ Bluetooth Speaker.
Troubleshooting Steps: If the Bluetooth device is not connecting to the speakers, try the following:
● If your device is asking for a password, ensure that you entered the correct password. If you never set a password, enter the default password, 0000, i.e., four zeros.
● Ensure that Bluetooth is turned ON, on your device.
● Make sure your device is close to the speaker. The normal Bluetooth range is 30 feet but can be reduced by interference such as walls or multiple Bluetooth devices.
● If you have up to two Bluetooth devices already paired to the speaker, disable Bluetooth on one of the devices or take the devices out of the range of the speaker. The speaker is designed to remember the last eight paired devices but can only be paired to 2 devices at a time.
● Press the speaker’s Bluetooth button repeatedly until you can hear the device’s name you want to pair.
● Navigate to the Bluetooth settings on your device, choose the Soundlink speaker ad tap ‘forget’ or ‘remove’ the speaker. Then proceed and hold the Bluetooth button until the Bluetooth light begins fighting blue. Repeat this to re-pair the device to the speaker.
● Reset the device you want to pair. This is achieved by rebooting and restarting the device by removing the battery and the power cord for 60 seconds.
● Clear the memory of the Soundlink speaker. This is done by holding the Bluetooth button until you hear a tone. The speaker’s Bluetooth light begins to flash blue. After this, try re-pairing the speaker.
● Reset the speaker by turning on the speaker and holding the power button for a few seconds until it turns off.
● You can try factory resetting your device if all of the steps above fail. Remember that factory resetting the device will wipe off all your data, so you have a backup of your data before carrying out the factory reset.
In this article, I have, among other things, explained that it is not possible to use the Bose Speaker without the Acoustimass module; this is because the speaker does not have a bass speaker, and so the speaker will be useless without the Acoustimass module. Kindly share your thoughts, suggestions, and questions on the topic discussed. I will be glad to continue this discussion in the comment section.